Paint Creek Trail
Connecting the communities of Rochester, Rochester Hills, Oakland Township, Orion Township and
the Village of Lake Orion in Oakland County, Michigan.
Paint Creek Trail Rules
For the safety of all Trail users, and to make your visit as enjoyable as possible, the Trailways Commission has adopted the following ordinances:
- Hours of operation are from 6:00am-10:00pm, year 'round.
- Motor Vehicles
- Motor vehicles are not allowed on the trail, except motor vehicles used by authorized law enforcement or maintenance personnel. (For visitors with a mobility disability, please follow our Other Power-Driven Mobility Devices policy regarding permissable and non-permissable devices.)
- Dogs need to be leashed and under control of owners at all times. Owners must clean up after their dogs.
- Horses are allowed north of Dutton Road only, in Oakland Township, Orion Township, and the Vilage of Lake Orion. Local ordinances prevent horses on the Trail in Rochester and Rochester Hills. Owners must clean up after their horses.
- Natural Features
- Removal of natural vegetation, animals, or materials is prohibited without written consent from the Trailways Commission or Trail Manager.
- No person shall display, distribute or place any sign, advertisement, circular, notice or statement without written permission from the Trailways Commission or Trail Manager.
- No person shall sell or offer for sale any article, privilege or service within the trailways land without a written permit from the trailways commission.
- Trespassing to adjacent property
- No person shall go onto land adjacent to trailways land which is in private ownership, without the expressed permission of the owner of the land.
- Hunting and weapons
- No person shall hunt or discharge any firearm or weapon within Trailways land.
- Camping is not allowed on Trail property.
- Alcohol is prohibited on Trail property.
- No person shall start or maintain a fire on Trail property.
- A Temporary Use Permit is required for any organized activities utilizing the Paint Creek Trail
including, but not limited to:
o Fun Runs
o Cycling competitions
o Running competitions
o Organized trainings
o Commercial Use of Trail
o Ongoing recreation classes or programs utilizing the Paint Creek Trail
o Any event that advertises use of the Paint Creek Trail
o Any event that requires vehicle access on the Paint Creek Trail
o Any event where participation is controlled by donations or fees
o Any activity that is beyond the scope of normal trail use.
- For a copy of the Temporary Use Permit Guidelines and application, click here.
For a complete list of ordinances, please contact Trail Manager Kristen Myers. For contact information, click here.
^Back to Top
Paint Creek Trailways Commission, 4393 Collins Road, Rochester, Michigan 48306
Copyright ©2008-2012 Kristen Myers
All rights reserved